OVERLAND PARK, Kan. - The high-intensity fitness class at Prairie Life Fitness is definitely intense.
Grace Mary Goodman is a member of the class and invited me to try her workout. Mary has lost more than 100 lbs and shares her knowledge on her website, fromfattyto.com
We did everything from jump rope to bouncing basketballs off the wall to squats and running track.
Every four minutes we were changing our exercise and it kept me on my toes. I have no doubt that every muscle in my body was engaged and I felt hot, sweaty and so glad that I accepted Grace's invitation.
To find out more about the benefits of a high intensity workout, click the play button and listen to Prairie Life Fitness Trainer, Ray Hicks.
Go to Prairie Life Fitness for more about their workouts - and remember to invite me to your workout. Let's get in shape and get healthy together.
Goodman also shared her Tasty Turkey Burger recipe, which is one of the favorites on her blog. All of her recipes include Weight Watchers Points value.
- Ground turkey breast *I prefer turkey breast, if it doesn't say breast that means there is also dark meat mixed in. (4 oz. burgers = 3 Points Plus, for meat)
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Garlic salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Light hamburger buns (I like Sara Lee Delight 2 Points Plus)
- Any veggies you like or have on hand (tonight I used red onion and tomato)
- Weight Watchers Jalapeno pepper spreadable cheese (1 Points Plus)
Grace said to simply form the meat into 4 oz patties, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt. Grill on medium heat and spread cheese on bun. Top with your favorite veggies, mustard and ketchup and enjoy!