SOUTH JORDAN, Utah - A Utah woman is in critical condition after drinking sweet tea from a barbeque restaurant.
Jen Harding, 67, ordered the drink from a Dickey’s Barbeque Pit restaurant. The tea was actually two-thirds full of a cleaning chemical solution typically used to clean deep fryer equipment.
Her attorney said it looks very similar to sugar, and six cups of the solution was put into the ice tea maker.
“She took a sip and immediately coughed it out, spat it out, and her first words to her husband were, ‘I think I just drank acid,’” Harding Family Attorney Paxton Guymon said.
Police said they’re investigating the incident as an accident.