When it comes to primary care, seniors have unique and ongoing health needs that require personalized treatment from a dedicated and accessible care team. As we age, our health evolves more rapidly, requiring more frequent check-ins and comprehensive care, as well as a more open line of communication with our primary care physician.
Thanks to new care offerings from Walgreens, Humana and Partners in Primary Care, local seniors now have access to quality primary care and health resources conveniently located at select neighborhood locations.
These first-of-their-kind senior-focused primary care centers co-located with a retail pharmacy allow senior patients to conveniently access high-quality care provided by board-certified physicians.
As you prepare for your upcoming wellness check, consider asking your physician these questions to help him or her find the right care plan for your needs:
- As I age, what changes should I anticipate my body will undergo?
- Help me understand the diagnosis or reason for taking each of my medications. What are the possible side effects of my medications? Do any of my current medications need to be updated? What is the most cost-effective way for me to obtain my medications (i.e. generics, 90-day prescriptions)?
- How can physical activity help me improve my health?
- What screening tests are appropriate for me based on my age and health conditions (i.e. mammogram, colonoscopy)?
- Are my immunizations up-to-date (i.e. influenza, pneumonia, shingles, tetanus)?
- Are there signs/symptoms of depression that I should watch for? What can I do to stay socially and mentally engaged as I age?
- What should I do to prevent falls?
- What can I do if I am having bladder-control problems?
In addition to the primary care centers, to speak with a Health Resource Guide about their health and well-being needs, consumers can also access Health Resources by Humana at five Walgreens locations across the Kansas City area. Guides can help seniors learn about health and lifestyle changes, find community resources, get assistance with smartphones, tablets and the Internet.
To learn more about the health resources available to seniors, visit a Partners in Primary Care location or any of the Health Resources by Humana stations at five different Kansas City area Walgreens stores
The two Partners in Primary Care Clinics will operate adjacent to Walgreens stores at 2630 NE Vivion Rd., Kansas City, MO and 9300 E Gregory Blvd., Raytown, MO.