Ramazan Sahin of Turkey in action against Ikhtiyor Navruzov of Uzbekistan during the Men's Freestyle 66 kg Wrestling repechage fight on Day 16 of the London 2012 Olympic Games at ExCeL on August 12, 2012 in London, England.
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. HOW CALIF. MANHUNT FOR EX-COP PLAYED OUT
A single gunshot was heard from a mountain cabin before it went up in flames.
2. JOB 1 FOR OBAMA: CREATING JOBS
In his State of the Union address, the president calls increasing employment his "North Star."
3. WHAT NORTH KOREA GAINS FROM NUKE TESTS
The blasts put young leader Kim Jong Un and his advisers right where they want to be: at the center of the world's attention.
4. PAPAL CAMPAIGN GETS UNDER WAY
The race for the Vatican's top post has one strict taboo: No one can openly seek the job.
5. HAGEL CLEARS FIRST HURDLE
A sharply divided Armed Services Committee votes 14-11 to send Obama's pick for defense secretary to the full Senate.
6. COMCAST BUYING UP NBCUNIVERSAL
Completing the deal for the owner of NBC should make Comcast less vulnerable to rising TV programming costs.
7. ENGINE FIRE CRIPPLES CRUISE SHIP
Passengers say luxurious vessel has become a "shantytown" in the Gulf of Mexico, with lousy ventilation and non-functioning toilets.
8. WHEN TREATMENT MIGHT BE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE
A study of older people with small kidney tumors found they lived longer if doctors monitored the growths instead of operating right away.
9. TOP DOG CROWNED AT WESTMINSTER
The 5-year-old affenpinscher Banana Joe edged a 20-month-old English sheepdog to win best in show.
10. WHY WRESTLING GOT THE AX AT THE OLYMPICS
The sport ranked "low" in several categories, including popularity with the public at the London Games and the global TV audience.