Cascone’s Italian Restaurant shares their récipe for Pasta al Tonno.
Pasta al Tonno
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry pasta
- Salt to taste
In a large saute pan, heat oil over low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in capers, tomatoes, lemon juice, and parsley. Season with red pepper flakes to taste. Simmer gently for approx. 3 minutes to thicken sauce. Fold in tuna, and heat throughout Salt to taste 2 While sauce is cooking, add pasta to a large pot of rapidly boiling water; cook till just tender. Drain well. 3 Toss pasta with sauce, and serve.