Maintaining healthy cholesterol levels is important to heart health. A healthy diet plays an important role in reducing the risk of heart disease. Joan O’Keefe, registered dietitian and nutritionist talks more about preparing heart healthy meals with Mazola corn oil.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound/500 g ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced canned water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 head bibb lettuce OR iceberg lettuce
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan on medium heat. Add oils and heat until simmering. Add ground chicken, garlic and onion. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the mushrooms, red pepper, water chestnuts, ginger, Chinese 5 spice and soy sauce. Cook 2 to 3 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with green onions. Serve in lettuce leaves.