We're in the kitchen with Hereford House to get a taste of their mouth-watering steakburgers. May is National Burger Month and Mike Morgan, Executive Chef, is going to help us curb the craving.
Hereford House Mother's Day Brunch Buffet
- Sunday, May 13th, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m
- Hereford House locations in Independence, Leawood and Shawnee
- Adults: $29.95, Kids: Ages 4-12 $14.95, 3 and under FREE
Hereford House Steakburger with Bacon Onion Jam
Bacon Onion Jam
Yield: 16 ounces
1/2 lb. bacon, 1-inch strips 1 large yellow onion, chopped 2 cloves of garlic, chopped 3 tbsp. cider vinegar 3 tbsp. brown sugar 1/3 c. brewed coffee 2 tbsp. maple syrup 1 dash pepper
1. In a large skillet over low-medium heat, render the bacon. Stirring occasionally until bacon becomes crisp.
2. Remove the bacon, but leave the drippings in the pan.
3. Increase the heat to medium and add the onions.
4. Sweat the onions until translucent.
5. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the cider vinegar, brown sugar, coffee, maple syrup and black pepper.
7. Simmer the ingredients until it reaches a syrupy consistency. Stirring occasionally for about an hour.
8. When the onions are very soft, remove them from heat.
9. Transfer ingredients to a food processor and add the bacon.
10. Pulse until a smooth but slightly chunky consistency has been reached.
11. Place a spoonful on your favorite burger and enjoy! The remaining should be stored the refrigerator.