Valentine's Day is two days away! Executive Chef at JJ's Julio Juarez has a sweet treat for your sweetheart!
JJ’s Macaroon w/ chocolate sauce and berries
Ingredients for meringue:
4 egg whites Pinch of salt 1 1/4 c. superfine sugar 2 tsp. cornstarch 1 tsp. white wine vinegar 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine egg whites and salt. Begin beating at low speed, slowly increasing to high. Continue until a satiny finish begins to form.
4. Gradually beat in sugar a tablespoon at time until meringue is stiff and shiny.
5. Sprinkle in cornstarch, white wine vinegar and vanilla, and fold in gently.
6. Mound into parchment, and shape likes a heart.
7. Place in oven, and immediately reduce the heat to 300 degrees.
8. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes.
9. Turn off heat, and allow meringue to cool completely in oven.
Ingredients for white chocolatero sauce:
1 c. heavy cream 1 c. white chocolate chips
1. In a sauce pan over medium heat, warm the cream.
2. Pull aside from the heat and add the white chocolate chips. Stir until all the chips are melted.
3. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
4. Once cooled, generously spread the chocolatero sauce on a meringue piece and sandwich it with a second meringue piece.