It’s officially tomato season. The Tomato Whisperer James Worley shares a few dishes that highlight the summer fruit.
James Worley’s Kansas City Local BLT with Serrano Tapenade
- 1 pound Local Pig Miso Honey Bacon, cooked
- 6 Farm to Market Onion rolls, sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 local heirloom tomatoes cut into 18 slices
- 2 cups of Serrano Olive Tapenade
Layer three strips of miso honey bacon, two slices of heirloom tomato and one leaf of lettuce on an onion roll. Spread a layer of tapenade on bun, assemble and enjoy.
Serrano Olive Tapenade
- 1 cup black olives
- 2 Serrano peppers, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Blend all ingredients in a food processor for a few seconds to finely chop all ingredients, but do not puree. After using on BLTs, store any leftovers covered in a bowl in fridge.