Celebrity Photographer, Wine Maker and Kansas City native Greg Gorman is teaming up with good friend Jasper Mirable Jr. for “Greg Gorman’s Wine Dinner.” On November 20, Jasper will be serving a delicious multi-course dinner featuring some of Greg’s favorites from Jasper’s menu, paired with wine from Greg’s winery, GKG Cellars . Chef Jasper gives us a sneak peek at the menu this morning and whips up a tasty Papparadelle & Tuscan Pork Ragu Fatto a Mano dish. For tickets to the event, visit: Jasper's
Jasper’s Pappardelle & Tuscan Pork Ragu Fatto a Mano
Serves 4 -5
- 1 lb ground 80 percent lean pork
- 28 oz. San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, (minced)
- 1/2 cup carrot, (minced)
- 1 celery stalk, (minced)
- 1/2 cup Chianti wine
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Salt & red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta (or any cut that you would enjoy)
- Place carrot, onion and celery in a large skillet on medium heat and sauté in extra virgin olive oil until it starts to almost burn. Add the pork, raise the heat, and stir until browned. Splash with wine and let evaporate.
- Add the tomatoes. Salt to taste. Lower the heat and let cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and serve with ragu.