Next week kicks off the holiday season and JJ’s has just the recipe to wow everyone at your next get together. Chef Julio Juarez of JJ’s joins us to make butternut squash soup, and to give tips on fall entertaining.
Serves 6 people
- 1 small butternut peel and diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 10 sage leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 375F and a line baking sheet with the parchment paper.
- Toss the squash with oil and season with salt and pepper place on the prepared baking sheet and roast until tender about 25 minutes.
- In a large heavy pot metal melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the onion sautéed until translucent about five minutes add the roasted squash and broth and bring to boil reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes add the sage herb to blend the flavors remove from the heat and cool.
- Purée the soup in a blender return to the pot and season with salt and pepper.