Most people dread moving. That’s why we’ve rounded up a few tips and tricks to make moving day a lot less stressful.
- You can avoid some heavy lifting by using rolling luggage bags to pack things like books.
- Because foam plates are already in the shape of a plate, it makes perfect sense to use them to protect your delicate glass and ceramic plates. Place one in-between each place to prevent them from chipping or breaking.
- Use plastic wrap to keep items in their place! No sense in emptying your drawers or silverware tray when you can use plastic wrap to keep drawers shut or smaller items in their intended container.
- Use your pot holders to safely hold knives, store socks inside of shoes and boots, use the inside of your washer and dryer for storage - anything you can think of to fill up empty space. This will save much needed room on the truck.
- You don't have to pack hanging clothes in boxes. Instead leave them on the hanger and use garbage bags to protect and keep clothes all together. You can label each bag so you know which closet they need to be hung in.
- Pack and label a box with everything you will need your first couple of nights.Include things like toiletries, medications, basic cleaning supplies, a first-aid kit, disposable plates, cups, and utensils. Also have each family member pack a small bag of clothes, just in case you're too not able to unpack everthing the day you move.