KANSAS CITY, MO — The Hilton President is a paid advertiser of Kansas City Live and is responsible for this content.
The Hilton President has a new menu and prides themselves on using local ingredients. Plus, their location makes them the perfect spot to stop before a night out in Kansas City. Executive Sous Chef Jamie Aragonez discusses the new menu, why and how they use local ingredients, and shares a recipe for “flaming cheese.”
2 oz of a firmer Brie or Camembert
2 oz of your favorite local jam (we’re using cherry)
1 table spoon of orange Reiger gin
1 table spoon local honey butter
4 slices of your favorite bread (we’re using farm to market raisin walnut and ciabatta)
1 lighter or matches
1 cup sized ramiken
- Put the jam in the bottom of the ramiken and then put the cheese on top.
- Bake in a convection oven for 3 minutes at 425
- Meanwhile spread honey butter on your bread and toast your bread
- After taking out the ramiken filled with jam and cheese put it on a plate and arrange your toast on the side of the plate. Pour the gin into the ramiken table side and ignite the alcohol.
- Wait until the fire goes out to eat the cheese. When the fire goes out that means all of the alcohol has been cooked out and further melted the cheese.
- Spread your melted cheese and jam on toasts and enjoy
The Hilton President is a paid advertiser of Kansas City Live and is responsible for this content.