KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Royals World Series outfielder Alex Gordon, Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl lineman Curley Culp and former Grandview High School and NFL quarterback Josh Freeman are set to be inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame.
Kathy Nelson, of the Kansas City Sports Commission, also is in the 2020 class, set for induction Nov. 15 at Hy-Vee Arena.
Dan Meers, also known as KC Wolf, will be inducted. Former trainer Bud Epps will also go in with Chiefs ties.
Longtime sports broadcaster and former 41 Sports Director Jack Harry is a part of the class.
The Hall of Fame will also induct a handful of teams from the metro area and several coaches from the high school and college levels.
The entire Class of 2020 features:
- Alex Gordon – Kansas City Royals
- Curley Culp – Kansas City Chiefs
- Josh Freeman – NFL quarterback
- Jack Harry – Broadcasting
- Kathy Nelson – Sports Administrator, Kansas City Sports Commission
- Dan Meers – Sports Entertainment, KC Wolf
- Jack Talley – Baseball, William Jewell College
- Mark Thomas – High School Football Coach
- Bud Epps – Athletic Trainer, Kansas City Chiefs
- Tony Tocco – Rockhurst University Men’s Soccer Coach
- Debbie Fay – Park Hill & Park Hill South High Schools Volleyball Coach
- Tracy Rietzke – Rockhurst University Volleyball Coach
- Tim Jermain – Jefferson Conception High School Basketball Coach
- Roger Lower – Blue Springs & Liberty North High Schools Softball Coach
- Kansas City Corporate Challenge
- Liberty High School Cheerleading Program
- Oak Park High School Baseball Program
- Notre Dame de Sion Girls Golf Program and Coach Dana Hoeper