The roots and history of KC jazz musicians still echo around the city; you just have to know where to listen for them. That’s where we come in.
Yelp helps people find great local businesses like restaurants, dentists, hair stylists and mechanics.Yelpers have written more than 90 million reviews! You can use Yelp to find events, lists and to talk with other Yelpers. Connect with Yelp Kansas City!
We’ve got the beat on some drum-tapping, bass-blaring jazz joints where you can grab a cocktail and take it all in.
1. Green Lady Lounge? (4.5 stars, 112 reviews) This Crossroads lounge is a classy, inviting change of pace with fun, energizing music on any given evening.
2. The Phoenix? (4 stars, 114 reviews) There is something wonderful about wintertime downtown. The Phoenix is a spot where you’ll find your next night out, nestled downtown in this historic building.
3. Blue Room? (4.5 stars, 29 reviews) Does it get more jazzy than 18th and Vine? History meets present day in this classic joint as the nostalgic 1930’s vibe meets with modern renovations in the heart of KC’s Jazz district.
4. The Majestic? (4 stars, 162 reviews) A steakhouse with jazz? it doesn’t get much more Kansas City than this! This literal former speakeasy now has cocktails flowing and the upscale Majestic is truly an experience.
5. Mutual Musicians Foundation?, aka The Foundation (5 stars, 20 reviews) A night, or rather a morning at The Foundation should be on every Kansas Citian's bucket list. The music starts after midnight and usually goes until dawn on Fridays and Saturdays.
More in our Yelp KC series!
- Yelp reviewers weigh in: Top 50 places to eat in metro Kansas City
- Yelp! These Kansas City cocktail spots offer a great warm-up for the winter of 2016
- This Yelp KC list of fun metro Kansas City places will help you beat the winter doldrums
- Why not 'wine down' the year at a Kansas City wine bar? Yelp KC reviewers offer a selection!
- 10 buzzworthy bars and restaurants Kansas City loved in 2015, and you can love too
- Yelp's 'Naughty and Nice' Kansas City list: Where to get healthy or put resolutions on hold