The name of their place is inspired by Ernest Hemingway. Owner Gordon Roberts and Executive Chef, Brian Mehl of the Pressed Penny Tavern are here to tell us the story behind the name and cook us some chicken and veggies!
Recipe: Chicken breast with vegetables
- 8oz (bone-in) chicken breast
- 1oz halved Brussels sprouts
- 1oz cooked white beans
- 1oz bell peppers julienne
- 1/2oz smoked corn kernels
- 1oz cooked sweet potatoes diced
- 2Tbsp agave brown butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pre-heat saute pan on medium high heat add 2 Tbsp cooking oil.
- Place 8oz chicken breast skin side down.
- Start to brown 1-2 minutes.
- Place in oven for 5-7 minutes, then flip over.
- Heat another saute pan for vegetables.
- Add 2 Tbsp cooking oil.
- Add brussels sprouts, brown a little and then add 1oz of cooked sweet potatoes, 1oz cooked white beans, 1/2 oz smoked corn, 1oz julienne red bell peppers, heat through.
- Place vegetables on plate, place cooked chicken breast on top of vegetables.
- Spoon on melted agave butter.
- Season to taste.