The holidays are all about bringing people together, and we have a great recipe bringing two of your favorite holiday treats together. Ryan Spruhan from The Elms Hotel and Spa shares how to make a Bourbon Eggnog Crème Brulee.
· 1 1/3 cup Eggnog
· ½ cup Bourbon
· 1 1/2 cup Heavy cream
· 1 cup Whole milk
· 1/4 tsp Grated nutmeg
· 10 ea Egg yolks
· 2/3 cup Granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine first five ingredients listed above into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
3. Combine the egg yolks and granulated sugar in a bowl and whisk until pale yellow in color.
4. While whisking, pour simmering mix into yolk and sugar mix to temper the eggs.
5. Pour 4 ounces of custard into ramekins (~10 servings).
6. Place ramekins in shallow baking pan and put into oven. Pour water between the ramekins until the level is close to ¾ of the way up the ramekins.
7. Bake for 30-45 minutes until set.
8. Remove and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill thoroughly.
9. To serve, sprinkle raw sugar on custards until covered, and dump excess. Torch or broil on high until an even, dark caramelization is achieved.
10. Allow sugar to cool and enjoy!