Mushroom Dusted Salmon with Warm Potato Salad
Dried Mushroom Rub:
- 2 c. assorted dried mushrooms
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. dry coriander
1. Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
Apple Cider Beurre Blanc:
- unsalted butter, cut into small cubes and chilled
- 1 tsp. minced shallots
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. apple cider
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a sauce pan sweat the garlic and shallot in a small amount of the butter until fragrant.
2. Add the apple cider, lemon juice, and white wine and bring to boil. Reduce the liquid by to 2 or 3 tablespoons.
3. Add the cream and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Either reduce heat to low or remove from heat entirely.
5. Slowly whisk in the chilled butter, a few pieces at a time.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Warm Potato Salad:
- 4 c. fingerling potatoes, halved and boiled until tender
- 4 c. Napa cabbage, rough chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter 1/4 c. whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Begin by melting the butter in a large skillet, add the chopped cabbage and 1-2 tablespoons of water.
2. Over medium heat, slowly stir the cabbage until it begins to soften.
3. Cover with a lid and bring heat down to low and let braise for 10-15 minutes or until the cabbage melts in your mouth.
4. Remove the lid and add the cooked fingerling potatoes, mustard, sugar, and vinegar, stirring until combined.
1. Dredge a raw salmon filet in the mushroom rub.
2. You can prepare the salmon however you'd like, but the high heat of a grill will get a nice crust on the fish.
3. Place cooked salmon on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Ladle a couple ounces of the Apple Cider Beurre Blanc on the bottom of the dish.
4. Carefully add a nice layer of the Warm Potato Salad, then top it off with the salmon.