Garozzo’s owner Michael Garozzo takes over the Kansas City Live kitchen and shares his recipe for Cavatelli Catania.
You can get a buy one, get one deal on the Chicken Spiedini at Garozzo’s this Friday through Tuesday. They are closed on Monday.
CAVATELLI CATANIA (serves 4)
- ½ jar (13oz) of Garozzo’s Sugo (Sicilian Style Tomato Sauce)
- 1 1lb bag of cavatelli pasta (or and shell pasta)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 3 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup butter (2 oz.)
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- Fresh grated romano cheese
1. Cook pasta al dente according to directions on back of package.
2. Sautee onion and garlic in butter in medium-high until brown.
3. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper, cook 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add Garozzo’s Sugo, blend for 1 minute.
5. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
6. Add cooked pasta, return to a boil, and serve immediately.
7. Top with fresh grated romano cheese.