On Friday, there will be a Cinco De Mayo fiesta happening in Westport. Port Fonda is one of the city’s most popular destinations for Mexican cuisine. Chef Julio tells us about what they have planned and cooks us up something spicy!
Chiles Rellenos - Cinco De Mayo Edition
- 4 poblano peppers
- Filling of choice (approximately 8oz. per pepper)
- Port Fonda's filling is cooked chorizo, cooked potatoes and chihuahua cheese
- Preferred batter (beer, tempura or souffle batters work equally well)
- Roast the chile peppes either in a hot oven or over an open flame.
- Skin and de-seed the peppers by making a vertical slit in the pepper, make sure you leave the pepper intact.
- Stuff with a filling of your choice.
- Lightly coat peppers in your preferred batter.
- Fry at about 375 until the batter is golden brown and finish in a hot oven (about 350) until the filling is hot (about 10 minutes).
Serve with your favorite salsa.