The KCL kitchen has gone to the dogs! Chef and owner of Delish! Catering and Events, Mary Berg and her son Nick Groves show us how to make a sweet treat for your dog.
Homemade Dog Treats
Serves: 30 large dog treats
- 1 cup pumpkin (puree fresh or canned – use pure)
- ½ cup peanut butter (natural)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil (canola or coconut oil)
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil in a bowl. Add in baking soda and whole wheat flour. Stir until a stiff dough forms. Knead dough or mix just until flour is incorporated.
3. Roll out dough with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to cut out dog bone shapes, or just bake into little circles like cookies. Bake for 15 minutes.
All ingredients are considered safe for dogs, but as with humans, it’s always make sure your pet has no allergies or sensitivities to any of the ingredients