EJ’s Urban Eatery is bringing “meat and three” to Kansas City with a modern and refined twist. Executive chef and owner John C. Smith demonstrates how to make squash casserole.
- 1 tbls canola oil
- 1 qts of diced squash
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1 slice of sourdough, chopped
- Kosher salt and grounded black pepper to taste.
- Preset oven to 350 degrees
- In a large sauté pan add oil and turn burner to medium high flame.
- When pan is warm add garlic and cook until fragrant
- Add squash and oregano and cook until squash is tender
- Deglaze with white wine and cook until the pan is dry.
- Add cream and reduced by half.
- Add bread, 1/4 cup of Parmesan and season well.
- Place everything in pan into a casserole dish.
- Topped with remaining Parmesan and bake for 7 minutes.