The legend of the Blue Moose started over 15 years ago in Prairie Village. Stories of the tall blue beast spread quickly and now the Blue Moose is ready to serve you at multiple locations. Executive Chef, Ryan Sneed, has a preview of their tasty special brunch for Dad.
Blue Moose Smoked Pork Breakfast Skillet
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 – 16 oz package cubed potato hash browns
- 2 oz. butter
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 8 oz. shredded cheese or cheese sauce of choice
- 1 lb. smoked pork (leftovers perfect!)
- 6 eggs
- 2 oz. vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the hash browns according to the package’s directions.
2. Dice the red, green and yellow bell peppers and onion.
3. Sauté the peppers and onions in butter until softened and starting to brown around the edges.
4. Drain on paper towels to absorb any excess fat.
5. Mix with cooked potatoes and season.
6. Divide the potato mixture into cast iron or ceramic skillets, top with shredded cheese and reheated smoked pork.
7. Prepare eggs sunny-side-up with a little salt and pepper and place egg over the top on each skillet.
8. Enjoy! Happy Father’s Day!