Tickets are on sale for the American Royal World Series of Barbecue and pitmaster Nick Reddell and president and CEO Lynn Parman talk about what is new this year.
- Spare ribs and trim down to a ST Louis cut
- Pull membrane off back of ribs
- Rub bone side of ribs lightly
- Using your favorite pork rib rub
- Rub top of ribs ( your normal 5.5 oz shaker should cover about 2-3 slabs) we use a combo of 3 rubs mixed together.
- Cook at 275 for 4.5-5hrs
- After 1st hr spray ribs with water, butter, or apple juice
- After 2nd hr wrap ribs in foil ( add brown sugar and apple juice or honey)
- Let cook for 2.5 hr and take off smoker
- Once off smoker drain juice from foil, lightly apply rub and sauce ribs
Cut ribs with light finishing sauce on cutting board