Part of KC Originals, Hawg Jaw Que & Brew dishes up their signature Irish Hawg sandwich!
See more at WWW.HAWGJAW.COM.
IRISH HAWG RECIPE
• 4 oz smoked corned beef
• 4 oz smoked sausage
• 2 oz spicy sauerkraut
• 1 slice swiss cheese
• Thousand island dressing
• 2 pieces Marble rye bread
First make your spicy sauerkraut 1 day ahead by getting can of franks sauerkraut 1/8 cup of pepper rings chopped with juice. ½ tsp of black pepper and combine all into a Tupperware and let set over night.
First get two pieces of marble rye and lightly butter on one side of bread
Preheat a non stick pan on medium high heat.
Place one piece of bread butter side down add a tablespoon of thousdan island dressing and spread on bread evenly, place swiss cheese then 2 tablespoons of spicy sauerkraut, 4oz of smoked sausage, 4 oz smoked corned beef, then other slice of bread. Place in hot pan and sear on each side until browned 1-2 minutes each side. Serve with spicy mustard and horseradish on the side.
- Preheat smoker to 190 degrees with 3 sticks of wood
- Smoke sausage for 2 hours with heavy smoke
Corned Beef Brisket
- Preheat smoker to 190 degrees 3 sticks of wood or 4 to5 if smoking overnight
- Smoke for 5 hours then add 2 more sticks
- Smoke corned beef brisket for 13 hours or until the internal temperature reads 185 degrees