Executive chef Mario Ladron of Garozzo's Ristorante provided his delicious recipe for Linguine Frutti Di Mare. Garozzo's Ristorante is one of several eateries hosting Restaurant Week, which runs Jan. 16-24.
Recipe and prep instructions (for 2):
- ½ lb linguine, cooked al dente
- ½ lb peeled and deveined shrimp (about 6-8)
- ½ cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ lb medium/large scallops
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 8 oz. can chopped clams with juice
- 1 cup fish broth
- 1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 cups Béchamel sauce
- 1 qt whole milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp chicken base
- 1 tsp granulated white pepper
DIRECTIONS (for Béchamel):
1. In medium sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat.
2. Once butter is melted add flour and stir until thickened.
3. Add milk, chicken base, and pepper and heat over low heat until sauce thickens.
4. Remove from heat.
1. In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat.
2. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for two minutes.
3. Add garlic and salt & pepper.
4. Add shrimp, scallops and clams and cook until shrimp are pink.
5. Add béchamel sauce and fish broth and let simmer for a minute.
6. Add pasta and heat through.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley.