KANSAS CITY, Mo. —Whole Foods has announced when it will open its first Kansas City, Missouri, store at 301 E. 51st Street.
The grand opening for the nearly 50,000-square-foot store will be on Wednesday, May 23 at 9:00 a.m.
According to a news release, the store will carry products from more than 100 local suppliers, including Cooper’s Honey, J. Rieger Distillery spirits, and Green Dirt Farms Cheese.
41 Action News visited some of the suppliers of these products, who said their partnership with Whole Foods grew their business and helped them bring more of their product to loyal customers.
The company said each item in the new store will meet the market’s quality standards, meaning it will be free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
Whole Foods Market Kansas City will also includes The Fountain Room, named by a community vote, which will feature 22 taps of craft beers from Missouri and Kansas, as well as a cocktail menu and wine by the glass sourced locally. The Fountain Room will also have several lunch and dinner options.
If beer isn’t your thing, you can stop by the Allegro Coffee Bar instead, where you can order nitro cold brew, sweet tea, chai and espresso. Allegro Coffee Bar will have a walk-up window for people to grab a cup on the go.
Whole Foods also announced in the same release the original Metcalf market in Overland Park, Kansas, will close permanently on Sunday, May 20.
Whole Foods said it hire more than 80 employees for the new location.
Missouri suppliers will include:
- J. Rieger Distillery spirits
- Bethlehem Bakery handmade pitas
- Thou Mayest Coffee Roasters
- Boulevard Brewery
- Hammerpress Stationary
- Evolve Paleo’s cereals and trail mix
- Farm to Market’s artisan bread
- Hugo Teas
- Mohamed's hummus varieties
- Torn Label Brewing
- Mean Vegan Jack Fruit tamales and mushroom jerky
- Zum body soaps, lip balms and bath salts
- Campo Lindo Farm’s free-range eggs
- Shatto Milk
- Cooper’s Honey
- Crane Brewing
- Askinosie Chocolate
- Green Dirt Farm
- Parisi Coffee
- The Roasterie Coffee
- Christopher Elbow Chocolates
- Baetje Farms
- Andre’s Chocolate
- Stockyard Brewing
- KC Bier Company
Kansas suppliers will include:
- Certified Organic Baby Greens from Juniper Hill and Chlorofields
- Cal-Ann Farms basil and pesto
- Hesston Plant Company
- Central Soy Foods tofu
- Pain is Good Sauces
- Simone Chickenbone lip balm
- Riega seasonings
- Treehouse Berry Farms jams
- Louisburg Cider Mill preserves
- Tallgrass Brewing
- Shine Candles
- Redger Farms meat
- Dolce Bakery treats
- Emily Kates Bakery cupcakes
- Cozy Leaf tea
- Granola Jones
- Free State Brewing