KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Tuesday, Kansas City Public School District will begin open enrollment for its nine signature schools.
KCPS has rolled out a new online process to apply for these nine schools called enrollkc.org.
The district's nine signature schools include:
- African-Centered College Preparatory Academy Lower Campus
- African-Centered College Preparatory Academy at Southeast High School
- Border Star Montessori School
- George Washington Carver Dual Language School
- Foreign Language Academy
- Harold Holliday, Sr. Montessori School
- Lincoln College Preparatory Academy Middle School
- Lincoln College Preparatory Academy High School
- Paseo Academy of Fine and Performing Arts
These schools feature certain themes and challenging programs for students with specialized interests, with everything from African-centered studies to language immersion and diverse performing arts programs.
The schools are free to attend and open to any student living within the district boundaries.
There are certain requirements that kids must meet in order to be eligible.
KCPS said it recognizes not everyone has internet access at home, which is why it is opening kiosks at the KCPS Board of Education building near 29th and Troost.
Application kiosks will be available during these dates and times:
- Tuesday, Dec. 4 - 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday through - Friday, Dec. 5-78:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday through Friday, Dec. 10-21 - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The deadline to apply for signature school enrollment is Friday, Feb. 15.
For more information, visit enrollKC.org.