KANSAS CITY, Mo. – AECOM, the firm that came in second to build a new terminal at KCI, has issued a statement following the KC City Council’s rejection of an agreement with Edgemoor.
AECOM said, in part, the firm was 100 percent ready “to partner with Kansas City and the airlines on the development of a world class airport.”
The statement continued, reading:
“Our commitment to Kansas City has never wavered. You have our promise that we will deliver the following:
- A financial proposal that is fair to the City.
- A terminal design we can all be proud of.
- A commitment to the minority community to make this project transformative.
- A collaborative working relationship with Kansas City’s labor community.
- A partnership with the airlines to deliver a facility that meets their needs.
- Our commitment to make this a true Kansas City project through the use of local businesses.”
AECOM also said it's anxiously waiting for the council to take the next steps in the process, writing that “there is no time for delay."