KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Three people were evaluated by paramedics Thursday afternoon after a broken battery released battery acid into the air near the China Town market.
Around 1:15 p.m., Kansas City, Missouri firefighters were called out to the Chinatown Food Market at 202 Grand Blvd.
A fire department spokesperson said a battery on a fork lift broke, releasing battery acid into the air near the loading dock of the building.
Three people were being evaluated for symptoms related to the exposure to the acid. Their injuries were not considered serious.