KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Fire crews in Johnson County, Kansas, battled a house fare just after 9 p.m. on Tuesday.
The home caught fire in the 200 block of West Skylark Street in Gardner, Kansas.
According to fire officials, crews arrived to find smoke coming from the home.
Once the fire was extinguished, the cause of the fire was determined to be accidental.
The family was not home when the fire started, but were the ones who discovered it when they returned home.
No people were injured in the fire, but one cat and two reptiles were killed.
The family was displaced from their home.