KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Streetcar Authority and the Art in the Loop Foundation have announced the 2018 summer music series lineup.
The series is part of the 2018 Art in the Loop Project: KC Plays.
Performances will take place on board the streetcars and at streetcar stops throughout July and August, every Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. unless otherwise scheduled.
Locations of performances at streetcar stops will be announced on the KC Streetcar website and social media.
Here’s what we know about the schedule so far:
- July 18 on board the streetcar: Martha Haehl, Karen Hendricks, and Roberta VonFrance
- July 18 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: Hammerhedd
- July 25 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: KC Rumba Collective
- Aug. 1: The Center State
- Aug. 8 on board the streetcar: Mundo Nouvo
- Aug. 15 on board the streetcar: Pink Rova
- Aug. 22: The Call Me Sauce
- Aug. 29 on board the streetcar: Noah Davis
There will be several genres featured, including folk, hip-hop, soul, rumba, heavy metal, and Afro-Caribbean. Artists will perform both original music and cover popular songs.
“We are excited to bring such a diverse sound of music to our streetcar riders as well as elevate the musical talent our city has to offer," said Donna Mandelbaum, communications director of the KC Streetcar Authority, in a news release. "Our partnership with the Art in the Loop Foundation has helped us enhance the streetcar ridership experience in ways.”