KANSAS CITY, Mo. — This Saturday, community interaction officers from the Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department will host a series of community events. The name of the overall event is KC United Against Crime.
From noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, each of the department’s six patrol divisions will host its own event. The events will feature family-friendly activities as well as information about social, financial, and educational services available to the public.
“We have a lot of things that divide us sometimes, but I think there are some huge things here in Kansas City that unite us," Officer Jason Cooley, the community initiatives officer within the police chief’s office, said. "That’s the whole thing, Kansas City united against crime.”
Here’s a list of where each patrol division is hosting its event from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019:
- Central Patrol: Roanoke Park, 3601 Roanoke Rd.
- Metro Patrol: St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, 1001 E. 52nd Street
- East Patrol: East Patrol Headquarters, 2640 Prospect Avenue
- South Patrol: South Patrol Headquarters, 9701 Marion Park Drive
- North Patrol: Park Hill High School, 7701 NW Barry Road
- Shoal Creek Patrol: Eagle Heights Baptist Church, 5600 N. Brighton Avenue