KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Saint Luke's Health System plans to close two of its Overland Park locations on Dec. 30.
Bobby Olm-Shipman, Saint Luke’s South and East Region CEO, said in a news release that the health system's "community hospital model has performed remarkably well," but two locations -- 75th Street and Metcalf and 159th Street and 69 Highway -- have seen "lower patient volumes since opening."
Employees at those sites will be able to apply for other positions within the health system.
The following locations still will be open:
- 132nd Street and State Line Road in Leawood.
- The Legends in Kansas City, Kansas.
- 135th Street and Black Bob Road in Olathe.
- Johnson Drive and Roe Ave in Roeland Park.
- Shawnee Mission Parkway and Lackman Road in Shawnee.
In June, Saint Luke's Health System announced that Leavenworth's Cushing Hospital would close.
A "limited number" of staff also were furloughed for 90 days earlier this year.