Many children are out of school for the summer, and some parents are looking at summer camps.
How do you know which are the best and are safe?
Here are some questions to ask when choosing a summer camp:
- Is the camp licensed or accredited?
- Can parents visit at any time?
- Is there phone access?
- What are the camp's discipline guidelines?
- Did staff undergo criminal background checks?
- Are staff members trained in first aid and CPR?
- In an emergency situation, when would staff call a parent?
- What are the pickup procedures?
Brian Abel can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.