NewsNational

Actions

3-year-old Indiana girl dies from overheating after being left in hot vehicle

Posted: 3:44 PM, Jun 04, 2018
Updated: 2018-06-04 17:07:47-04
3-year-old Indiana girl dies from overheating after being left in hot vehicle

ANDERSON, Ind. -- A toddler is dead after being left in a hot vehicle in Anderson, according to police. 

The Madison County Coroner says Hannah Grace Miller died from complications of overheating. 

Anderson police were called to St. Vincent Hospital just before 6 p.m. local time Sunday evening. 

Witnesses told police that Hannah was inside the vehicle for about 2 hours before she was discovered. It is unclear at this time if the child was left in the vehicle or she crawled in on her own. 

Police say a family member attempted to revive the child before she was rushed to the hospital. She later died from her injuries. 

Police say the parents are cooperating with the investigation and so far no charges have been filed. 

The child's death remains under investigation by Anderson Police and the Madison County Coroner.