Fire causes heavy damage to Lee's Summit home

Posted at 9:33 AM, Jan 30, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-30 11:12:18-05

An attic fire at 2:15 a.m. Saturday caused heavy damage to a home at 702 SW 4th Terrace.

No injuries were reported.

Fire officials say the smoke alarm  woke the occupant, who went to neighbors to call 911.

Smoke and fire were visible from the attic of a split-level, home. 

The fire originated in the attic next to the fireplace and spread across the lower and upper level attics of the house. The heaviest fire damage was to the roof and attic over the living room.

The living area suffered smoke and heat damage, and much of the ceiling was removed to extinguish the fire.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a faulty fireplace.



Follow 41 Action News on Twitter

Like 41 Action News on Facebook