Before we welcome in the New Year, let’s get a bit reflective and toast to the year that was. This past year
brought along some very buzzworthy new local restaurants and businesses. Today, we raise our glass to
these new highly rated spots!
About Yelp: Yelp helps people find great local businesses like restaurants, dentists, hair stylists and mechanics.Yelpers have written more than 90 million reviews! You can use Yelp to find events, lists and to talk with other Yelpers. Connect with Yelp Kansas City !
1. Bob Wasabi Kitchen (5 stars, 26 reviews) The popular 39th Street District continues to showcase some topnotch restaurants with the addition of Bob Wasabi Kitchen. The great reviews continue to pour in since this new sushi bar opened up this year.
2. Wings Cafe Westport (5 stars, 9 reviews) The popular Wings Cafe in the Northland is now open in Westport to rave reviews. Sauced or dry, the menu here is mouthwatering.
3. Blvd Tavern (4.5 stars, 77 reviews) The red hot Crossroads district adds another buzzworthy joint with Blvd Tavern. This gastro pub has an impressive menu and cozy ambiance.
4. Spices Asian Restaurant (4.5 stars, 70 reviews) Ever since opening this year, Spices Asian has fallen into the “must-try” category. The expansive Asian Fusion menu offers up noodles, curry dishes and a quality spin on the classics.
5. Torn Label Brewing Company (4.5 stars, 14 reviews) Mmmm, beer. The burgeoning craft beer scene continues to grow, and cheers to that! Torn Label is a newcomer that is generating a lot of buzz in the Yelp community.
6. Blind Box BBQ (4.5 stars, 44 reviews) This sharply designed barbecue place joint adds style and substance in Shawnee. From BBQ nachos to classic smoked meats, it sounds like we have a new player on the scene in the land of great barbecue.
7. Topp’d (4 stars, 54 reviews) Topp’d rolls out fresh, quick and delicious pizzas in under five minutes. Yelpers rave about the reasonable price point and unique, quality ingredients.
8. The Standard Pour (4.5 stars, 34 reviews) A new neighborhood hangout with focusing on upscale American food seems to be fitting right into the west side of Westport since opening this year. Bonus points for offering weekend brunch!
9. Il Lazzarone (4 stars, 98 reviews) This hip river market pizza place features authentic Neapolitan pizza cooked quickly in a 905-degree oven. The salted, chewy crust, quality ingredients and cocktails have this as a highly rated spot new addition to check out.
10. UpDown KC (4 stars, 68 reviews) Any Kansas Citians who spent their youth in arcades are bound to find love at first sight at UpDown KC. This new Crossroads bar and arcade combo has all the nostalgia and games you could imagine, topped off with an impressive beer selection.
41 Action News and Yelp Kansas City are partnering to help you find the best of our metro area as we head into a new year and close out 2015.