Chef Ruben Rosales of J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood demonstrates how to make their maple plank roast salmon.
See more at http://jgilberts.com/.
Maple Plank Roast Salmon
9 oz. fresh salmon, skinless and boneless
½ tsp salt and pepper blend (for the salmon)
1 oz. bourbon maple glaze (or glaze of our choice)
1 each mesquite oval plank
1 cup mashed potatoes
3 oz. blanched French green beans
1 TBL clarified butter
1 TBL spicy toasted pecans
2 tsp shallot jam
¼ tsp salt and pepper (for the beans)
1. Season both sides of salmon with ½ tsp salt and pepper.
2. Place the salmon on the mesquite plank and brush the top of the salmon with bourbon maple glaze.
3. Place planked salmon in a sauté pan and put in a 450 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to medium.
4. Place planked salmon on the end plate and set aside.
5. Spoon potatoes onto the end plate and set aside.
6. Place blanched French blanched green beans, clarified butter, spicy toasted pecans, shallot jam and ¼ tsp of salt and pepper in a sauté pan and cook until all water has evaporated and beans are hot.
7. Place beans on the end plate and with the mashed potatoes and salmon and enjoy!