Chef Kevin Stenberg shows off some of the amazing food being featured at Sporting KC games this season.
See more at www.sportingkc.com.
Smoked Cheddar and Roasted Poblano Cheese Aioli
1 pound smoked cheddar cheese (grated)
1 cup mayonnaise
6 oz. grilled diced poblano pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 pinches white pepper
2 roasted garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon white vinegar
Grilling the peppers
1) Pre heat grill to 400 degrees
2) Place peppers on grill rotate pepper till all sides of pepper is charred. About 15 minutes total.
3) Remove from grill and cover
4) Let rest 20 minutes
5) Remove pepper skins and seeds
6) Dice pepper into 1/4" size (yields 6oz.)
Preparing the Aioli
1) Coarsely grate cheese in a medium bowl
2) Mix in the Mayonnaise, diced peppers, sugar, white pepper, minced garlic, white vinegar
3) Refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors marry. Before serving, let it sit at room temp for about 20 minutes so it will melt easier on your burger.
The Burger Dust
½ cup Brown sugar
½ cup Smoked Paprika
1 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Ground White Pepper
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Preparing the Burger Dust
1) Place all ingredients in a Medium bowl and mix well.