Executive chef Michael Olson of Louie's Wine Dive shared his yummy recipe for seared barramundi with 41 Action News. Louie's Wine Dive is one of several swanky eateries participating in Restaurant Week, which runs Jan. 16-24.
Recipe and prep instructions -
Broken Rice or Jasmine Rice: 1 cup
Octopus Stock: 7 cup
1. In a Sauce pot toast the rice till fragrant.
2. Add the Octopus stock (Chicken stock, or water might be used).
3. Bring liquid to a boil and turn down to a simmer cover with a lid and let cook.
4. Rice will be over cooked and begin to look like runny grits when finished.
Water: As needed
Salt: 1 T (per cup of liquid)
1. Bring water to boil, add salt.
2. Place eggs in water and set a timer for 6 minutes.
3. Shock the eggs in a ice bath to stop carryover cooking.
4. Peel eggs and place into the pickling liquid, let pickle stand for at least 24 hours
Apple cider Vin: 2 cups
Water: 2 cups
Sugar: 2 cups
Salt: 1 Tbsp
Thai chili: 2 ea.
Mustard seed: 1 Tbsp
1. Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Turn off the heat and let cool to room temp.
3. Add the item to be pickled and let sit for 12-24 hours.
- Octopus: 4 lbs
- Black Pepper
- Bay Leaf
1. Place baby octopus into the water with aromatics and bring to a boil.
2. Let boil for 10 minutes and turn off heat.
3. Let it come down to room temp and shock.
4. To pick up for dish sauté on high heat, pat dry and serve on rice.
Confit baby carrot: 2 ea. Cut on bias
Chopped peanuts: 1 Tbsp
Sweet soy pudding: 1 tsp