This recipe came from my mother. We used to have it every week when I was growing up. The hot fudge is delicious, but when poured on vanilla ice cream – wow!
Gary’s Hot Fudge Super Bowl Sundaes
A double boiler
- One can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Two squares of Bakers Unsweetened chocolate
- 1 small can of Carnation evaporated milk
In the double boiler:
- Pour in one can of Eaglebrand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Put in two squares of Bakers Unsweetened Chocolate (Unsweetened is essential)
- Boil the water and the and let the chocolate melt into the sweetened condensed milk
- Begin stirring and continue for around 15 minutes. The chocolate mixture will gradually turn dark.
- Once it thickens up, pour a little bit of the carnation evaporated milk into the mixture. This will smoothen the chocolate into a delicious hot fudge.
- Pour over ice cream
The leftover hot fudge can be easily rewarmed the next day!