41 Action News Anchor Mike Marusarz has two great food loves – buffalo chicken wings, and pizza.
So, why not combine them to make the perfect Super Bowl Sunday snack?
Mike’s Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Flatbread or cooked pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Buffalo sauce
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Poultry seasoning
- Cooked Bacon
- Hot peppers
- Red onions
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Ranch and/or blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush olive oil onto flatbread or pizza crust. This will make it crispier when it comes out of the oven.
- Spread buffalo sauce on flatbread or pizza crust. You don’t need as much as a regular pizza sauce since it’s a thinner consistency, and spicier.
- Place mozzarella on pizza, followed by shredded chicken.
- Season chicken with a dash of poultry seasoning.
- Add bacon, hot peppers such as jalapenos or habaneros, red onions and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, preferably on a pizza stone if you have one.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and cut.
- Serve with ranch and/or blue cheese dressing.
This recipe is completely customizable! You can use whatever meats and cheeses you like, and adjust the level of spice based on your and your guests' preferences.