The caffeine scene continues to buzz throughout Kansas City. Check out these highly rated local coffee shops to kickstart your mornings!
Yelp helps people find great local businesses like restaurants, dentists, hair stylists and mechanics.Yelpers have written more than 90 million reviews! You can use Yelp to find events, lists and to talk with other Yelpers. Connect with Yelp Kansas City!
1. Quay Coffee | Kansas City, Mo.? (4.5 stars, 177 reviews): Quay (pronounced like “key”) in the River Market—and off the new streetcar line—is known for crafting some of the top pourover coffees and lattes in town. The urban feel and sunny interior make this a great hangout spot as well.
2. Mud Pie Vegan Bakery & Coffeehouse? | Kansas City, Mo. (4.5 stars, 166 reviews) It’s easy to feel at home at Mud Pie since it’s literally inside a classic house on 39th Street. Find a spot in one of their cozy rooms and enjoy a great cup of coffee.
3. Thou Mayest? Coffee Roasters | Kansas City, Mo. (4.5 stars, 94 reviews) It didn’t take long for Thou Mayest to take the Crossroads and Yelp community by storm with their ridiculously cool atmosphere and great houseroasted coffee. Whether working in the quieter upstairs or hanging out at the active coffee bar downstairs, Thou Mayest will fit your mood.
4. Parisi Cafe? | Kansas City, Mo. (4.5 stars, 86 reviews) Award winning baristas at bright and open Parisi Cafe (inside Union Station) will help you pinpoint the exact drink you’re looking for—and there are many delicious and unique ways to get caffeinated.
5. Oddly Correct? | Kansas City, Mo. (4 stars, 80 reviews) Oddly Correct is a spot for true coffee lovers? the process and nuanced flavors keep this as a toprated coffee spot on Yelp.
6. One More Cup? | Kansas City, Mo. (4.5 stars, 79 reviews) Perched in the heart of Waldo, this friendly, cozy coffeehouse has the neighborhood vibe nailed. They also have front and back patios for those warmer days to come.
7. Crow’s Coffee? | Kansas City, Mo. (4.5 stars, 79 reviews) Crow’s Coffee brings a vibrant local feel to the South Plaza neighborhood and UMKC. The coffee here isn’t just for cramming students? it’s a worthy daily stop.
8. Revocup? | Overland Park, Kan. (4.5 stars, 68 reviews) Single origin coffee, roasted onsite, draws in the Yelp community around Overland Park to this friendly shop. Two locations!
9. Second Best Coffee? | Kansas City, Mo. (4.5 stars, 66 reviews) Don’t let the name fool you? some of the best reviews come through for this innovative coffee shop that’s full of good ol Midwestern modesty. Yelpers recommend the nitro cold brew as the temperatures start to climb.
10. Parkville Coffee? | Parkville, Mo. (4.5 stars, 64 reviews) The aroma of fresh roasted beans wafting through downtown Parkville draws folks to this coffee shop on Main St. It even drew a President to KC in 2014?!