The back to school shopping season is officially underway.
The tax-free shopping weekend started at 12:01 a.m. Friday in Kansas City, Missouri.
You do not have to pay sales tax on certain items.
Those items include:
- Articles of clothing, shoes and cloth or other materials used to make school uniforms or other school clothing with a taxable value of $100 or less.
- School supplies (textbooks, notebooks, paper, writing instruments, crayons, art supplies, rulers, book bags, backpacks, handheld calculators, chalk, maps and globes) not worth more than $50 each.
- Personal computers with taxable value of $1,500 or less.
- Computer software with taxable value of $350 or less.
- Graphing calculators with taxable $150 or less.