With schools closed in the Kansas City metro — some for the rest of the year — local school districts are working to continue providing meals for students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Per federal guidelines, all children must be present to receive the free food, which is available for all children ages 18 or younger.
Here is more information about pickup times, dates and locations in alphabetical order broken down by school district, including Kansas City Charter Schools:
BASEHOR-LINWOOD SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Basehor-Linwood USD 458 School District will offer free grab-and-go breakfast and lunch while school is out beginning Monday, March 23. Pickup times are from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at three locations:
- Linwood Elementary, 215 Park St., Linwood
- Basehor-Linwood Middle School, 15900 Conley Road, Basehor
- BasehorLinwood High School, 2108 155th St., Basehor
Parents are asked to fill out a confidential form by Friday, March 20, and Friday, March 27, for meal service.
BELTON SCHOOL DISTRICT
Starting on Tuesday, March 24, the Belton School District will begin providing free grab-and-go meals at seven locations:
- Southfork, 1301 N. Scott Ave.
- Crown Mobile Home Park, 819 E. Cambridge Road
- Kentucky Trail Elementary, 8301 E. 163rd St.
- Hargis Apartments on North Chestnut St.
- Cimarron Trails Park, 405 Westover Road
- County View Park on Chula Vista Drive
- Belton Middle School, 107 Pirate Parkway
Breakfast and lunch may be picked up from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., while dinner may be picked up from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. More information is available about the district's COVID-19 response and meal service.
BLUE SPRINGS SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Blue Springs School District announced its plan to provide breakfast and lunch at 11 school sites between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. beginning March 23.
Drive-thru or walk-up service will be available Monday through Friday at the following locations:
- Blue Springs High School, 2000 N.W. Ashton Drive, Blue Springs
- Blue Springs Freshman Campus, 2103 N.W. Vesper St., Blue Springs
- Brittany Hill Middle School, 2701 N.W. 1st St., Blue Springs
- Chapel Lakes Elementary, 3701 N.E. Independence Ave., Lee's Summit
- Daniel Young Elementary, 505 S.E. Shamrock Lane, Blue Springs
- Franklin Smith Elementary, 1609 S.W. Clark Road, Blue Springs
- James Walker Elementary, 201 S.E. Sunnyside School Road, Blue Springs
- John Nowlin Elementary, 5020 N.W. Valley View Road, Blue Springs
- Paul Kinder Middle School, 3930 N.W. R.D. Mize Road, Blue Springs
- William Yates Elementary, 3600 S. Davidson Ave., Independence
- William Bryant Elementary, 1101 S.E. Sunnyside School Road, Blue Springs
Meals also will be dropped off Monday through Friday at the following times and locations in Blue Springs:
- Autumn Place, 1300 Candletree Drive, from 11 to 11:30 a.m.
- Country Club Garden Apartments, 1316 N.W. 6th St. Terrace, from 11 to 11:30 a.m.
- Motel 6, 3400 N.W. Jefferson St., from 11 to 11:30 a.m.
- Independence Ridge Apartments, 19012 E. 37th Terrace South, Independence, from noon to 12:15 p.m.
- City Homes at Fall Creek, 901 S.W. Clark Road, from noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Blue Springs Apartments, 702 S.W. 15th St., from noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Villas of Autumn Bend, 1620 S.W. 9th St., from noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Pepperwood Apartments, 19400 E. 37th Terrace Court South, Independence, 12:15 to 12:30 p.m.
BLUE VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Blue Valley schools announced a meal-distribution plan while schools are closed by order of Kansas Gov. Lara Kelly. Beginning Tuesday, March 24, free grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches will be available at four district locations:
- Blue Valley Acdemy, 7500 W. 149th Terrace
- Overland Trail Middle School, 6201 W. 133rd St.
- Oxford Middle School, 12500 Switzer Road
- Indian Valley Elementary, 11600 Knox St.
For more information, including what food will be distributed, visit the Blue Valley district website.
BONNER SPRINGS/EDWARDSVILLE USD 204
Grab-and-go breakfast and lunch will be available through the Bonner Springs/Edwardsville Unified School District 204 beginning March 24 at Bonner Springs Elementary School, 212 S. Neconi in Bonner Springs, and the Edwardsville Community Center, 696 S. 3rd St. in Edwardsville.
Pickup times are from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
CENTER SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Center School District will deliver free meals through at least April 3 to its students starting Monday, March 23, through a partnership with Sodexo USA and Student Transportation of America.
Families are asked to walk to the bus stops rather than drive for safety reasons to pick up free breakfasts and lunches. Visit the Center Schools Facebook page for approximate times for bus deliveries along routes.
Meals also will be available for pickup from 10 to 11 a.m. at all four elementary schools:
- Center Elementary, 8401 Euclid Ave.
- Boone Elementary, 8817 Wornall Road
- Indian Creek Elementary, 9801 Grand Ave.
- Red Bridge Elementary, 10781 Oak St.
Lead To Read also has donated free books for children, which will be available for elementary school students at bus stops and in district's elementary school parking lots beginning Monday.
Parents with questions may call 816-349-3300 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays.
DE SOTO SCHOOL DISTRICT
Free breakfast and lunch service for De Soto USD 232 students will begin Wednesday, March 25. It will be available moving forward on Mondays and Wednesdays with two breakfast and two lunches provided Monday and three breakfasts and three lunches provided on Wednesdays.
Meals will be available at four locations during the specified times:
- Clearview City, 36000 W. 103rd St., De Soto, 10:45 to 11 a.m.
- Prospector's Point Apartments, 9680 Lexington Ave., De Soto, 11:15 to 11:30 a.m.
- Gracepoint Church of the Nazarene, 5425 Martindale Road, Shawnee, noon to 12:30 p.m.
- De Soto High School, 35000 W. 91st St., De Soto, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (drive-thru only)
FORT OSAGE R-1 SCHOOL DISTRICT
Free grab-and-go meals, including lunch for Saturday, will be provided for students who live in the Fort Osage R-1 School District from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on weekdays at five locations:
- Buckner Elementary, 13 S. Sibley St., Buckner
- Elm Grove Elementary, 18000 E. Kentucky Road, Independence
- Cler-Mont Elementary, 19009 E. Susquehanna Ridge, Independence
- Hawthorne Place Apartments, 16995 E. Dover Lane, Independence
- Blue Hills Elementary, 1911 N. Blue Mills Road
GARDNER-EDGERTON SCHOOL DISTRICT
Beginning Monday, the Gardner-Edgerton School District will provide grab-and-go meals at Edgerton Elementary, 400 W. Nelson St., and Wheatridge Middle School, 318 E. Washington St., on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Students will receive two breakfasts and two lunches on Monday and three breakfasts and three lunches on Wednesdays. Do not leave your vehicle.
To encourage social distancing, no meals will be handed through car windows. They will be placed in the trunk of vehicles.
Meal service at Edgerton Elementary will be from 10 to 11 a.m., while meal service at Wheatridge Middle will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. for working families.
If none of those times, the district is allowing pick up of meals by a friend or neighbor, but it must be pre-approved by sending an email to email@example.com with your students’ name and who will be picking up the food.
GRAIN VALLEY R-V SCHOOL DISTRICT
Families in the Grain Valley R-V School District can sign up for daily grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches.
Meals are available for pick up from 11 to 11:20 a.m. at Grain Valley High School, 551 S.W. Eagles Parkway. Drivers are asked to stay in their vehicle and provide their address to a volunteer.
Home delivery of meals for those who signed up for that option will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Drivers will leave meals on the porch, knock or ring the doorbell, then return to their vehicle to encourage social distancing.
GRANDVIEW SCHOOL DISTRICT
Grandview schools will offer grab-and-go meals to any child in their community March 23 through April 4.
Meal pick-up sites will operate at the following sites from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.:
- Belvidere Elementary, 15010 White Ave.
- Butcher-Greene Elementary, 5302 E. 140th St.
- Conn-West Elementary, 1100 High Grove Road
- Meadowmere Elementary, 7010 E. 136th St.
- Martin City K-8, 201 E. 133rd St., Kansas City, Missouri
- Grandview Middle School, 12650 Manchester Ave.
- Grandview Middle School, 12650 Manchester Ave.
The district will also have delivery sites at all major apartment complexes and at some consolidated neighborhood sites. Find the neighborhood site closest to you.
Apartment delivery sites:
- Greenfield at Clubhouse
- Briarwood Garden Aprtments at East 126th Street and White Avenue
- Blue Ridge Manor Apartments at Duck Road and Jackson Avenue
- Blue Ridge
- Cloverleaf Apartments at mailboxes north of the bridge
- Douglas Place at mailboxes
- Welcome Home at the entrance
- Brentwood/Daisy Walnut at Daisy Walnut parking lot
- Flats at Blue River
- Flats at Minor Ridge at 116th Terrace and Troost Avenue
- Grand Summit at office
- Oak Tree Square Apartments and Stoneybrook South Apartments at 14th Street and Jones Avenue
HARRISONVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Harrisonville Schools announced that it will provide free "to-go" breakfast and lunch free of charge through at least April 3 at the following locations:
- Walmart parking lot, 1700 N. Missouri 291
- Sutherlands parking lot, 2200 S. Commercial St.
- Harrisonville United Methodist Church parking lot, 2600 E. Mechanic St.
- Harrisonville High School, 1504 E. Elm St.
- McEowen Elementary School, 1901 S. Halsey St.
- Harrisonville Elementary School, 101 Megan Drive
Meals may be picked up between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. each day.
Anyone wishing to take advantage of the meals must register each child online by 8 a.m. on Friday for Monday meal service.
For those without access to transportation, please complete the registration form (linked to above) and an alternate plan will be formulated.
Questions should be directed to Assistant Superintendent Jason Eggers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HICKMAN MILLS C-1 SCHOOL DISTRICT
Beginning Tuesday, March 31, students in the Hickman Mills C-1 School District can receive free breakfasts and lunches at nine district schools from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
Meals will be available during those times at:
- Compass, 5401 E. 103rd St.
- Dobbs Elementary, 9400 Eastern Ave.
- Ervin Elementary, 10530 Greenwood Road
- Freda Markley Early Childhood Center, 9201 E. Bannister Road
- Ingels Elementary, 11600 Food Lane
- Milennium at Santa Fe, 8908 Old Santa Fe Road
- Ruskin High School, 7000 E. 111th St.
- Truman Elementary, 9601 James A. Reed Road
- Warford Elementary, 11400 Cleveland Ave.
Meals also will be distributed at two now-closed elementary schools from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- Johnson Elementary, 10900 Marsh Ave.
- Symington Elementary, 8650 Ruskin Way
Apple Bus delivered meals to students via bus routes last routes last week, but the district announced Monday, March 30, that it was "no longer able to deliver Grab & Go meals through bus routes."
"This decision comes as we work to balance the needs of our students with the increased spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the desire to keep our volunteers and staff members safe," Hickman Mills said in a statement.
INDEPENDENCE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Grab-and-go meals, including a lunch and breakfast for the next day, are available weekdays from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. for Independence School District students at four locations:
- Bridger Middle School, 18200 E. Missouri 78
- Truman High School, 3301 S. Noland Road
- Van Horn High School, 1109 S. Arlington Ave.
- William Chrisman High School, 1223 N. Noland Road
KANSAS CITY CHARTER SCHOOLS
Every charter school in Kansas City, Missouri, will provide free meal service for children who live nearby while schools are shut down. The details regarding dates, pickup times and locations vary by school.
Any parent with questions are encouraged the school, call the Missouri Charter Public School Association at 314-776-3551. A map with pickup locations for KC-area charter schools has been posted on the Missouri Charter Schools website.
KCK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Kansas City, Kansas, Public Schools will make a few changes to its free breakfast and lunch distribution beginning on, March 30, by adding two more locations across Wyandotte County for curbside pickup.
- Students will nw be able to pick up meals from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday through Friday at six locations:
- Arrowhead Middle School, 1715 N. 82nd St.
- Wyandotte High School, 2501 Minnesota Ave.
- F.L. Schlagle High School, 2214 N. 59th St.
- J.C. Harmon High School. 2400 Steele Road
- Rosedale Middle School, 3600 Springfield St.
- Banneker Elementary School, 2026 N. 4th St.
KANSAS CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Kansas City Public Schools — which serves Kansas City, Missouri, and remains closed until at least April 24 — plans to provide sack lunches and meal kits for KCPS students. Students will need their school ID to pick up food and meals.
The meals will be distributed from 10 am. to 5 p.m. on Monday, April 6, and Wednesday, April 8,, at the following locations:
- Northeast High School, 415 Van Brunt Blvd., Kansas City, Missouri
- Central High School, 3221 Indiana Ave., Kansas City, Missouri
- East High School, 1924 Van Brunt Blvd., Kansas City, Missouri
- African-Centered College Preparatory Academy-Lower Campus, 6410 Swope Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri
KEARNEY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Free breakfast and lunch will be provided for all Kearney School District children whose families request meal service.
Any family that didn’t have a chance to fill out the survey for free meals should send email to Jeff Morrison that indicates the number of meals needed for children in the household as well as where they will be picked or if delivery will be needed (including a delivery address).
Curbside meal pickup will be available from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following locations:
- Dogwood Elementary, 1400 Cedarwood Parkway
- Kearney Elementary, 902 S. Jefferson St.
- Kearney High School, 715 E. 19th St.
For meals being delivered, a Durham Transportation bus will deliver meals from 10:45 to 11:15 a.m. to your home. The bus will pull up out front and honk to alert residents to the food delivery.
LANSING UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Student meals for children in the Lansing Unified School District are being provided weekdays from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Lansing Intermediate School, 509 Ida St.
Students may walk up or parents may drive up to receive a sack lunch and sack breakfast.
LEAVENWORTH UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Leavenworth Unified School District will serve free grab-and-go breakfast and lunch from 10:30 a.m. to noon weekdays through May 22 at Anthony Elementary, 570 Evergreen St., and David Brewer Elementary, 401 17th St.
Children will be allowed to walk up and parents also can utilize a drive-thru service. Students will receive four meals on Thursday, April 9, because the district is closed on April 10.
LEE'S SUMMIT R-7 SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Lee's Summit R-7 School District will be providing both drive-thru and bus delivery service of meals beginning March 23.
Drive-thru service will be available from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on weekdays at five locations, including:
- Trailridge Elementary, 3651 S.W. Windemere Drive
- Prairie View Elementary, 501 SE .T.odd George Parkway
- Lee's Summit North High School, 901 N.E. Douglas St.
Additional drive-thru service also will be available from 10:30 to 11 a.m. at Lee's Summit High School, 400 SE Blue Parkway, and from 11:20 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Mason Elementary, 27600 NE Colbern Road.
The district also will provide delivery service and hand out meals from buses from 11 to 11:30 a.m. at the following locations:
- Ashbrooke Apartments, 524 S.E. 2nd St.
- Sage Crossing Apartments, 600 N.E. Howard St.
- Knollbrook Street
- Northeast Ridgeview Drive and Northeast Swann Road
- Crossroads of Lee's Summit Apartments, 2200 N.E. Town Centre Blvd.
Delivery service will be available from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at these locations:
- Westvale Crossroads
- Oxford Place
LIBERTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Liberty Public Schools will offer free pickup for breakfast and lunch meals will be available on weekdays at these sites and times:
- Ridgeview Elementary, 701 Thornton St., Liberty, from 10:45 to 11:15 a.m.
- Liberty Oaks Elementary, 8150 Farley Ave., Kansas City, Missouri, from 11:30 a.m. to noon
LONE JACK C-6 SCHOOL DISTRICT
Beginning this week, the Lone Jack C-6 School District started to pass out free breakfast and lunch for students from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. weekdays at Lone Jack Elementary School, 600 N. Bynum Road.
The district asks that parents fill out a form to help for planning purposes. Those needing meal delivery also can make a request via the district’s form.
LOUISBURG USD 416 SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Louisburg School District started providing free breakfast and lunch for students on Tuesday, March 24.
The grab-and-go meals are available from 11 a.m. to noon weekdays at Broadmoor Elementary School, 105 S. 5th St. East.
NORTH KANSAS CITY SCHOOLS
North Kansas City Schools, which are closed through at least April 6, announced plans for meal delivery service to students starting next week. Families can pick up lunch and breakfast curbside between 1 and 3 p.m. on Monday through Friday at the following locations:
- North Kansas City High School, 620 E. 23rd Ave., North Kansas City
- Oak Park High School, 825 N.E. 79th Terrace, Kansas City, Missouri
- Winnetonka High School, 5815 N.E. 48th St., Kansas City, Missouri
- Staley High School, 2800 N.E. Shoal Creek Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri
NKC Schools staff members also will deliver meals via bus routes from 9 a.m. to noon. Check online for complete details about the bus-delivery option.
OAK GROVE R-VI SCHOOL DISTRICT
Students in the Oak Grove School District can pick up breakfast and lunch while school is canceled from 7:30 a.m. to noon at Oak Grove Middle School, 401 S.E. 12th St., or via school-bus delivery at these locations and times:
- Lifetime Fitness, 2201 S. Broadway, 8 to 8:30 a.m.
- Former Sun Fresh grocery store, 500 block of South Broadway, 8 to 8:30 a.m.
- Corner of Northeast Sunshine Street and Northeast Third Street, 8 to 8:30 a.m.
- Webb Park, 1800 S.E. Oak Ridge Drive, 9 to 9:30 a.m.
- Paradise Outfitters Ministries, 1500 S. Broadway, 9 to 9:30 a.m.
- Dead end on Southeast Fourth Street at Jake’s Crossing, 9 to 9:30 a.m.
OLATHE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Free breakfast and lunch is available for Olathe Public Schools students from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. weekdays at nine district elementary schools:
- Central, 305 E. Cedar St.
- Fairview, 600 N. Marion
- Havencroft, 1700 E. Sheridan St.
- Indian Creek, 15800 Indian Creek Parkway
- Northview, 900 N. Woodland Road
- Ridgeview, 1201 E. Elm St.
- Rolling Ridge, 1500 W. Elm Terrace
- Washington, 1202 N. Ridgeview Road
- Westview, 500 S. Troost St.
PAOLA USD 368 SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Paola USD 368 School District plans to announce a meal service plan this week.
PARK HILL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Students in the Park Hill School District can pick up mels from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays at nine district schools:
- Chinn Elementary, 7100 N. Chatham Ave., Kansas City, Missouri
- Congress Middle School, 8150 N. Congress Ave., Kansas City, Missouri
- Graden Elementary, 8804 Missouri 45, Parkville
- Hopewell Elementary, 6801 N. Line Creek Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri
- Lakeview Middle School, 6720 N.W. 64th St., Kansas City, Missouri
- Line Creek Elementary, 5801 N.W. Waukomis Drive, Kansas City, Missouri
- Plaza Middle School, 6501 N.W. 72nd St., Kansas City, Missouri
- TIffany Ridge Elementary, 5301 N.W. Old Tiffany Springs Road, Kansas City, Missouri
- Walden Middle School, 4701 N.W. 56th St., Kansas City, Missouri
Extra meals can be purchased for students or for children yet to reach school age at a cost of $1.50 per breakfast and $2.50 per lunch. Adults also can purchase meals from the district at a cost of $2 per breakfast and $3.50 per lunch.
Harvesters back snacks will be available for those enrolled in the program on Fridays at the district meal-service locations. Granite City, 8461 N.W. Prairie View Road, also is offering free lunch — a sandwich, chips and drink — for students in need, according to the district website.
PLATTE COUNTY R-3 SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Platte County R-3 School District is providing its students free meals beginning this week via curbside pickup and delivery.
Lunch and breakfast for the next day will be provided from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Barry School, 2001 N.W. 87th Terrace in Kansas City, Missouri, and Platte City Middle School, 900 Pirate Drive in Platte City.
Additionally, meals will be delivered by food truck from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at several bus district bus stops. Here are the times and locations for the Barry Area:
- Crooked Creek Apartments, Northwest 82nd Street and North Madison Avenue, 11 a.m.
- The Ethans, Northwest 80th Terrace and North Hickory Street, 11:16 a.m.
- Falcon Point Apartments and Holly Ridge Townhomes, 11:32 a.m.
- Northland Heights Apartments, 3800 N.W. Barry Road, 11:53 a.m.
- Wau Lin Cree Apartments, 4335 N.W. 82nd St., 12:11 p.m.
- Ferrelview and Northcreek, Third Street and Heady Avenue, 12:36 p.m.
Here are the times and locations for the Platte City Area:
- Bello Mondo Drive and Fontana Avenue, 11 a.m.
- Wallingford Drive and O’Rourke Drive, 11:19 a.m.
- Aller Street and Redman Street, 11:37 a.m.
- First Street and Gates Drive West, 11:58 a.m.
- High Pointe and Wedgewood at Martin Apartments, 12:17 p.m.
- Travelodge parking lot, 504 S. Prairie View Road, 12:27 p.m.
Finally, the Platte County R-3 Treasure Chest will provide groceries to assist families that qualify for free or reduced meals from 4 to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays at Platte County High School. Families need to register online or call 816-858-7001 to sign up for the program.
PLEASANT HILL R-III SCHOOL DISTRICT
Students in the Pleasant Hill R-III School District can grab a free lunch and breakfast via curbside service from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Pleasant Hill High School, 1 Rooster Way.
RAYMORE-PECULIAR SCHOOL DISTRICT
Beginning March 30, the Raymore-Peculiar School District is making a few changes to its grab-and-go meal program for students.
Free breakfast and lunch can be picked up from 8:30 to 10 a.m. at three locations:
- Peculiar Elementary, 201 E. Third St., Peculiar
- Eagle Glen Elementary, 100 S. Foxridge Drive, Raymore
- Raymore Elementary, 500 S. Madison, Raymore
The district requests that parents sign up students by sending email to Director of Child Nutrition Sarah Chellberg at email@example.com. Anyone unable to pick up meals may contact Assistant Superintendent Bryan Pettengill at firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.
RAYTOWN C-2 SCHOOL DISTRICT
With help from Kansas City Public Schools, Raytown has adjusted its meal service for the rest of the week and will serve free meals to all students from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Raytown Schools Education and Conference Center, 10750 E Missouri 350.
Meals will be delivered to vehicles by staff who were not involved in last week's food distribution out of an abundance of caution. The Blue Springs, Fort Osage, Grandview, Platte County and North Kansas City school districts also are stepping up to help Raytown feed children.
The Raytown Summer Lunch Ministry also is providing one bag of groceries per week per district family on Tuesdays at Raytown Christian Church, 6108 Blue Ridge Blvd.
The plan outlined below was suspended Monday, March 30, after a food service worker tested positive for COVID-19. Questions should be directed to the district via email to email@example.com.
All Raytown C-2 School District students can receive free breakfast and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at five district buildings while schools are closed:
- Raytown High School, 6019 Blue Ridge Blvd.
- Raytown South High School, 8211 Sterling Ave.
- Raytown Middle School, 4900 Pittman Road
- Raytown South Middle School, 8401 E. 83rd St.
- Raytown Central Middle School, 10601 E. 59th St.
SHAWNEE MISSION SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Shawnee Mission School District will begin providing free breakfast and lunch on Tuesday, March 24.
No reservations are required. The meals will be provided from 10:30-11:30 a.m. on Monday through Friday at four school sites:
- Comanche Elementary, 8200 Grant St., Overland Park
- Rosehill Elementary, 9801 Rosehill Road, Lenexa
- Shawanoe Elementary, 11230 W. 75th St., Shawnee
- Hocker Grove Middle School, 10400 Johnson Drive, Shawnee
One breakfast and one lunch meal will be given to each student.
SMITHVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Free meals will be provided for all Smithville School District children from 7 to 8 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Horizon Elementary, 695 S. Commercial Ave. Delivery is also available for those who can’t get to the school during those times.
Parents are asked to register online, which is also where any request for delivery service can be made.
The Harvesters Back Snack program also remains available, including a few extras, for those already enrolled. They will be available during weekday meal pickup.
Smithville schools also are hoping to partner with local food banks to expand hours or donations available for families in need.
SPRING HILL USD 230 SCHOOL DISTRICT
Spring Hill USD 230 schools are providing breakfast and lunch for all students in the district from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekdays while school is closed.
Parents are asked to preorder the night before using an online form from 5 p.m. until midnight to reduce food waste. Here are the pick-up locations:
- Spring Hill Elementary, 300 S. Webster St., Spring Hill
- Timber Sage Elementary, 15800 W. 173rd Terrace, Olathe
- Woodland Spring Middle School, 17450 W. 167th St., Olathe
- Spring Hill Civic Center, 401 N. Madison St., Spring Hill
Questions about meal service while schools are shut down can be directed to 913-592-7283.
TURNER USD 202 SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Turner USD 202 School District began delivering free meals throughout the district on Tuesday, March 24, along four elementary school bus routes.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for free to all children present at the bus stop. Pickup times are approximate and can be accessed by clicking the routes below:
- Junction Elementary Area Route
- Midland Trail Elementary Area Route
- Oak Grove Elementary Area Route
- Turner Elementary Area Route
The district reminds everyone to practice social distancing at the stops along the route. If the state or county announced further COVID-19 restrictions, the service may be stopped with little notice, but the district is planning a pickup option just in case.
Questions about the meals being provided should be directed to Turner Food Services at 913-288-4141.