KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Several Walmart pharmacies in the Kansas City metro will soon administer COVID-19 vaccines.
Beginning Feb. 12, those who meet eligibility requirements will be able to schedule an appointment online.
The national corporation said in a news release Tuesday that the locations were chosen with "population density, customer demographics, infection rates and availability of local health care resources" taken into consideration.
Walmart sites in Olathe (13600 South Alden Street), Leavenworth (5000 10th Avenue) and Lawrence (550 Congressional Drive) will offer vaccines.
In Missouri, the following store pharmacies will be allotted doses:
- Bethany, 810 South 37th Street.
- Butler, 400 South Fran.
- Chillicothe, 1000 Graves Street.
- Clinton, 1712 East Ohio Street.
- Columbia, 415 Conley Road; 1201 Grindstone Parkway; 101 Conley Road (Sam’s Club).
- Independence, 4000 South Bolger Road; 3411 South Noland Road; 4100 South Bolger Road (Sam’s Club).
- Kansas City, 11601 East U.S. Highway 40; 8301 North Church Road.
- Marshall, 855 Cherokee Drive.
- Sedalia, 3201 West Broadway Blvd.
- Warrensburg, 301 East Cooper Street.
Walmart is able to offer the vaccine doses due to its partnership in the U.S. Federal Retail Pharmacy Program. Supplies will vary based on location.