A Kansas City man faces multiple charges in connection to a high-speed car chase that happened Wednesday afternoon.
According to court documents, Kameron R. Murray, 22, was charged with:
- First-degree tampering with a motor vehicle
- Resisting arrest and creating a substantial risk of serious injury/death to any person
- Third-degree attempted assault
- Second-degree property damage
- Driving with a revoked or suspended license
On Wednesday, the chase was initiated by ground patrol along I-435 near 24th Street. The suspect stopped at a gas station near 45th and Cleveland when police attempted to stop him. The suspect rammed the vehicle into the police cruiser and tried to flee the scene. An officer fired multiple shots at the vehicle, but the suspect kept going.
The vehicle hit a police spike strip and eventually spun out. Police were able to stop the vehicle and arrested three people.
Watch video of the entire car chase below. If you cannot see the media player, click here to watch.