JOHNSON COUNTY, Kan. — The upcoming election has a lot of people out voting ahead of Election Day in Johnson County.
On Saturday morning, Johnson County Election Commissioner Connie Schmidt tweeted the latest numbers as of end of day Friday.
Numbers as of COB 10/23:— Connie Schmidt (@ConnieSchmidt2) October 24, 2020
In Person Advance: 55,847
By Mail Sent: 161,724
By Mail Returned: 90,347
22,138 from post office; 68,209 from drop boxes
Numbers on Friday morning from the Johnson County Election Office broke it down by polling location.
Join the 47,393 Johnson County voters who've already cast their vote through the first five days of advance voting.— Johnson County Election Office (@jocoelection) October 23, 2020
All 10 locations will be open today, tomorrow, and all next week. For a full list of locations and hours, please visit https://t.co/9Yjv8LKoKi. pic.twitter.com/JkuybcZrUu
According to the election board tweet, Hilltop Conference Center has had the most voters than any other location in the county.
On the first day of advance voting on October 17th, 7,860 people voted.
Election officials are encouraging voters not to wait until Election Day to vote in-person.
"We want our voters to vote early and spread themselves out over various locations over a longer period of time so they don't have to go on election day to just one place and there could be a long line," Connie Schmidt, Johnson County Election Commissioner said.
There are ten locations where Johnson County voters can participate in advance voting.
Voters can cast their ballots early at the following locations:
- Oak Park Mall (former American Girl Store) 11149 West 95th Street, Overland Park
- Overland Park Convention Center 6000 College Blvd, Overland Park
- Olathe Indian Creek Library 16100 W 135th St, Olathe
- Arts and Heritage Center at 8788 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park
- Hilltop Conference Center at 7700 W 143rd St, Overland Park
- Johnson County Election Office at 2101 E Kansas City Road, Olathe
- Johnson County Northeast Offices at 6000 Lamar Ave, Mission
- Johnson County Sunset Office Building at 11811 S Sunset Dr, Olathe
- New Century Fieldhouse at 551 New Century Pkwy, Gardner
- Okun Fieldhouse at 20200 Johnson Dr, Shawnee
There are a variety of times and dates for advance voting in the county.