KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The city of Independence will keep a warming center at the Roger T. Sermon Community Center open through Tuesday, Feb. 16.
The city opened the warming center over the weekend. With an Arctic blast expected to keep its grip on the Kansas City metro for the next week, the city said Thursday that it will extend the opening of the warming center.
It will be open during these hours for anyone who needs to get warm or charge their devices:
- Thursday, Feb. 11: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 12: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 13: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 14: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 15: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The center is located at 201 N. Dodgion St. in Independence.